Most families in the US have dryer vents in their household. Yet, only a handful of few of them knows the cautious signs that imply your dryer vent needs cleaning.
Even then, they don’t understand the importance of hiring a professional dryer vent cleaner for the job. The cleaning dryer vent is a highly technical job, which is best left for the professional to deal with.
Regular professional dryer vent cleaning is helpful for the effective working of the machine. Plus, it also helps to reduce energy bills and save money on repairs. But then, how often should dryer vents be cleaned professionally?
Signs That Convey The Need For Dryer Vents Cleaning
Before we answer on how often should dryer vents be cleaned by an expert. You need to know the signs that suggest that your dryer vents need cleaning.
- Your clothes take a long time to dry completely
- Clothes have a burning smell on them
- The extremely hot environment in the laundry room
- Burning smell around the drying machine
- Increased energy bills
- Too much filth around the dryer vent area
- The dryer vent flap not opening and closing properly
Factors That Affects On How Often Should Dryer Vent Be Cleaned
The experts suggest that you should remove any lint present in the dryer after every wash. This stops it from clogging the machine and putting you and your family in danger. Most experts suggest that you clean your dryer vent- once every year. However, this depends on the following factors:
- The Size of The Family: The bigger the family, then you will have more clothes to wash. Thus, putting more load on the dryer vent. In this case, you would need to get it professionally cleaned more times in a year.
- If You Have Pets: Pets shed furs that get attached to your clothes and other fabrics. These furs further clog the dryer vent and hence you require to clean it more often.
- Your Shopping Cycle: If you shop very often, then your dryer vent will get clogged up more and would require cleaning regularly. That’s because new clothes produce more lint than older clothes.
As per the experts, you need to get your dryer vent checked and cleaned at least once a year. However, the frequency may vary depending on the above factors.
Schedule your next professional dryer vent cleaning with GMEK Restoration if you live in Port St Lucie. Call on (800) 674 9394 to get in touch with our chief consultant. Also, follow on LinkedIn to know new offers and discounts.